If you smoke medical marijuana, you know that marijuana can leave a very strong odor. Figuring out how to get rid of weed smell from your clothes, body and household can be a big challenge. But fear not! We’re about to show you 15 tried and true ways to eliminate that odor.
- Wash the clothes you are wearing as soon as possible: And do not throw them with your other clothes. Also keep them in a separate bag (a plastic bag, or old gym bag if you prefer) until you go to wash your clothes.
- Use dryer sheets! Dryer sheets not only deal with static, but they also help deal with any scents from your clothes have locked up in their fibers.
- Use different clothes for smoking: Different occasions call for different clothes. When you smoke cannabis, change into different clothes apart from your normal clothes. This will isolate the smell to only a select number of clothes. Maybe try wearing a special smoking jacket?
- Don’t Smoke In the bedroom: It will spread that odor onto the clothes that are you are not wearing.
Hygiene and Body Odor
- Wash face and hands after smoking: simple soap and water should be good. Wash thoroughly for 15 seconds for your hands at least before rinsing.
- Wash Hair regularly: if you are a regular smoker, you should wash your hair with your next shower to get rid of weed smell. Especially if you have long or thick hair as smells are easily trapped in your hair.
- Brush your teeth twice a day: just like your dentist recommends! Mouthwash is also very useful in dealing with any smell that gets caught up in the mouth and throat.
- Cleaning Carpets: A simple deodorizing powder and thorough vacuuming should deal with any weed smell. Every three to four months you should deep clean your carpet with a carpet cleaner. A carpet cleaner will meticulously shampoo the carpet removing smells and stains.
- Cleaning Furniture, Blankets and Curtains: Use an odor neutralizer on all these surfaces. These will go deep into the fibers and get rid of any chemicals that are attached.
- Cleaning Pipes & Ashtrays: Keep in a special pouch to contain the odor and clean regularly.
- Empty ashtray as soon as it is safe to do so.
Preventing the smell in the first place!
- Smoke Outdoors: If your climate allows it, smoke outdoors as much as possible. It will keep the odor out of your house, thus saving you from having to worry about smells getting caught in your house. Be mindful of your neighbors, as they might not be too crazy about the smell themselves!
- Smoke in a dedicated room: If you have to smoke indoors, first use a dedicate room that (that isn’t the bedroom!) to isolate the smell to one area. And if you can, use a fan to blow air to the outside if weather permits.
- Use Airtight Storage: If left open, the marijuana smell can fill up a room. Make sure it is stored in an airtight space that’s cool.
- Use a Vaporizer: Vaporizers are becoming more popular in part because they do not leave any smell. Considering purchasing a good quality one for yourself as an investment.
If you have any other suggestions to get rid of weed smell leave a comment below and we’ll add it to our list.